Businesses need to respond fast and resolve customer inquiries and complaints immediately to ensure customer satisfaction. Helpdesk software has made it far easier for enterprises to extend their service beyond regular operating hours.
Currently, we have plenty of free, open-source helpdesk software to overcome customer service lackings. But which one is the best? This blog will give you the 7 best free helpdesk software to use for better customer service outputs.
Read More: 10 Best Zendesk Alternatives Customer Service Software In 2020
What Is Help Desk Software?
The main business policy for every business is to keep customers and users happy because the success or failure of your customer service systems directly impacts everything else in the business. This is where help desk software and helpdesk ticket software systems come in.
Helpdesk software such as Freshdesk, HappyFox, Live Agent Zoho desk resolve customer issues and queries in the most efficient, accurate, and organized manner and considered the best customer service software to ensure customer satisfaction. For the sake of business continuity and continuous improvement and monitoring, Help desk software is the heartbeat.
Why Do You Need a Helpdesk Ticket Software?
Good customer service is always the key to success for any business landscape. You will be surprised that, due to poor customer service, $75 billion is lost every year. This is why having a helpdesk software is must needed thing for any business. Let’s see some of the major reasons.
- Resolve tickets with more accuracy: A in-house expert can provide accurate solutions or responses through helpdesk software.
- No tickets are missed: Agents can set alerts to notify them about the day’s tickets, therefore no tickets will not be missed ever.
- Build a knowledge base: You can build a knowledge base from the repetitive customer questions by converting it into FAQs.
- Focus on important tasks: It helps to focus on important tasks as well as routine tasks such as FAQs and administrative compliance.
- Resolve tickets faster: To resolve tickets faster there are no alternatives better than an open-source helpdesk software. Agents resolve tickets faster through collaboration with other agents and quickly accessing product specs.
- Resolve tickets consistently: FAQs and unique issues are recorded and best practices are logged as a reference for future incidents. Next time a similar query is received, an agent will know exactly how to respond.
Well, lets see the best of free helpdesk software available in the market.
Read Also: 10 Best Freshdesk Alternatives for Customer Support In 2020
ThriveDesk is a simple, affordable live chat software for WordPress. Being new in the market this is the true Zendesk or Freshdesk alternative you can count on so far. ThriveDesk is the best solution for Bootstrap-based SAAS startup, WordPress theme or plugin business, and eCommerce business. You can easily track conversations and improve responsiveness with easy-to-use, built-in functionalities like shared inbox, CRM, Live chat, Reporting, Knowledge base, Email Signature Generator, and a lot more integration.
Features of ThriveDesk
- Shared Inbox
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Live Chat & Chat Bot
- Knowledge Base
- Email with unlimited addresses
- Email Signatures
- Contact form
- Ticket file attachment size
- Customizable chat form
- Offline messaging
- Ticket file attachment size
- Incoming email authentication
- Automated replies from the knowledgebase
- Proactive messaging
- Conversations reporting
- Help Desk Integration
- and many more…
Pricing of ThriveDesk
Free: 14 days trial
Basic: $15 per month up to 2 user
Standard: $39 per month up to 5 user
Plus: $99 per month up to 10 user
If you want a helpdesk solution for businesses of all sizes with great performance and feature-wise, then Freshdesk is the best one to be considered. From the agent standpoint, Freshdesk is highly optimized with features like automation, automatic delivery of help desk tickets to the correct department, reports, and knowledge base construction. Making the customer success workflow more collaboration-driven Freshdesk can be adapted with just about any business model.
Features of Freshdesk
- Ticketing made easy
- Resolve issues together
- Support across channels
- Manage your field workforce
- Increase your team’s productivity
- Chatbot powered by Freddy AI
- Measure and improve efficiency
- Complete customization capabilities
- State-of-the-art data security
Pricing of Freshdesk
Blossom: $15 per month, billed annually
Garden: $35 per month, billed annually
Estate: $49 per month, billed annually
Forest: $99 per month, billed annually
AzureDesk is another best free Helpdesk software in recent times. AzureDesk focuses mainly on what’s essential to support via email rather than other extensive so-called features. Users can quickly prioritize and categorize tickets as they come in and create knowledge management for the customers to check out before contacting support staff. With a simple user interface, its agents and other team members can also attach private messages to tickets to communicate.
Features of AzureDesk
- Support portal with JIRA integration
- Activity management with client portal
- Email integration
- Help desk management
- Multi-channel communication
- Twitter integration
- Trouble ticketing
- Feedback management
- Question library
- Email templates
- Knowledge base
- Ticket management
- Help desk integration
Pricing of AzureDesk
Free Trial: free
Plus: $33 per user per month
HappyFox is a multi-channel helpdesk solution that provides information to the clients via email, live chat, social media, and even by phone. With incredibly helpful and knowledgeable support, HappyFox offers one of the most well-thought-out interfaces available. It allows organizations to easily update their knowledge base and other customer-facing content. Also, the self-service portal provides information regarding the content of every customer’s inquiries.
Features of HappyFox
- Live Chat Integration
- Group Contacts
- Intuitive user interface
- In-depth reporting
- Over 35 languages supported
- Convert emails into tickets
- Smart rules for automation
- Social media integration with Facebook
- Supports voice, email, chat, social media, and mobile channels
- Works on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices
Mighty: $29 per month
Fantastic: $49 per month
Enterprise: $69 per month
Enterprise Plus: $89 per month
Unlimited Agents: $1499 per month
Zoho Desk is an AI-based free helpdesk software to increase agent productivity. For the managing capabilities, Zoho Desk is the best because you can be available for your customers via multiple channels. You can easily customize the layout, design, and color of the tool to match your brand and connect it to popular third-party platforms like JIRA and Slack with three agents. With ticketing service, live chat, and multi-channel customer support.
Features of Zoho Desk
- Accounts and Contacts
- Alerts and Notifications
- CRM integration
- Contracts and SLA
- Customizable reports
- Scheduled reports
- Self service portal
- Service escalations
- Social Media Support
- Third Party Integration
- Ticket assignment and management
Pricing of Zoho Desk
Free: 3 Free Agents
Standard: $12 per month billed annually
Professional: $20 per month billed annually
Enterprise: $35 per month billed annually
For small and mid-sized companies, Liveagent is a perfect environment with the possibility of automation and customization to provide a better customer experience. The tool uses advanced automation rules to capture customer queries from emails, live chats, social media, phone calls, and other channels. It’s a classic ticketing system, but an all-in-one solution to create a knowledge base for its customers.
Features of LiveAgent
- Help center, Suggestions and Hybrid tickets
- Automatic call routing
- Email notifications
- Departments, tags and filters
- Automatic ticket distribution
- Real-time visitor monitoring
- Time & event-based automation rules
- Drag-and-drop file attachments
- Feedback management
- Live chat and Custom ticket fields
Pricing of LiveAgent
Ticket: $15 per month
Ticket+Chat: $29 per month
All inclusive: $39 per month
Hesk is a fast, secure, user-friendly and free helpdesk software to receive, track and resolve issues logged by customers. It offers a reliable, cloud-based ticketing system which takes minutes to download and set up. You can build custom fields and tweak helpdesk settings to align with your workflows. Another good thing is that once the ticket or query is resolved the customer is notified via email.
Features of Hesk
- Asset Management
- Email Integration
- Inventory Management
- Self Service Portal
- Live chat system
- Surveys & Feedback
- Knowledge Base
- Incident Management
- Service Desk (ITIL ITSM)
- Ticket Management
- Help Desk Management
- Service Catalog Management
Pricing of Hesk
HESK Website License: $39.95
HESK Advanced License: $199.95
This was the list, guys. Here, we are trying to cover almost every popular free helpdesk software, as well as top open source helpdesk software. Each of these Helpdesk solutions is well trusted, useful, and proved themselves worth using by millions of companies.
Which one did you use or decide to use after reading this article? Let me know in the comment sections below. Also, share your user experiences after using them too. Till then, enjoy the article.